Sunday, October 26, 2014

Prayers for Teachers to use


THE TEACHER'S PRAYER BEFORE SCHOOL:
You, O Lord, are my strength, my patience, my light, and my counsel.
It is you who touch the hearts of the children entrusted to my care.
Abandon me not to myself for one moment.

For my own guidance and that of my students,
grant me the spirit of wisdom and understanding,
the spirit of counsel and fortitude, the spirit of knowledge and piety,
the spirit of a holy fear of you and an ardent zeal to procure your glory.

I unite my efforts to those of Jesus Christ, and I beg
the Most Blessed Virgin, Saint Joseph, the Guardian Angels,
and Saint John Baptist de La Salle to protect me this day
in the performance of my duties. Amen.

--------------------------------------------

SAINT JOHN BAPTIST DE LA SALLE is the patron of all teachers.

--------------------------------------------

ANOTHER PRAYER:

Loving God, you chose me to be a teacher,
and you have blessed me with talents and graces
for guiding those entrusted to my care.

This work is yours, Lord, and I am yours.
Set me aflame with the love of the Holy Spirit,
so that I may adore you in my students.

Give me the grace to touch their hearts,
To see them as living images of your Son,
To be as gentle as a mother and as firm as a father,
To show great kindness and affection,
To correct them with respect and composure,
To put up with their faults generously,
To discern the true character of each soul,
To help form good habits proper to their age,
And to teach more by example than by words.

Walk with me so that I may walk with them
as an apostle, a visible angel, a good shepherd,
a master builder, a caring older brother/sister.
Jesus, come and live in my heart today.

A BROTHERS' VOCATION PRAYER

O God, you sent your Son Jesus to bring eternal life
to those who believe.
We join Him in praying for laborers for your harvest.
May the Holy Spirit inspire Brothers and men discerning
a call to hold the mission of Christian education as a
sacred mission where both students and Brothers are
touched in heart and soul.
We ask this through Christ our Lord. Amen

Prayers provided by a person living in transition.


No comments: